Purchase a ready to hang canvas prints is a great way to decorate the blank walls. However, this method is more expensive than rolled canvas prints. So if you have a limited budget and you want to have a canvas print, you can stretch your print yourself. This is not super complicated, and I will show you how to do it.
You will need: canvas print, wooden stretcher bars 0.75 inches (if you get rolled canvas print by ReStyleGraphic), staple gun and plenty of staples, canvas pliers (optional, available at art and craft stores), rubber hammer, T-square or carpenter’s square, smooth, clean surface to work.
1. Connect your stretcher bars, make sure it’s square. Use your T-square or carpenter’s square and a rubber hammer, if necessary.
2. Put your canvas print the back side up on a flat surface. Place the stretcher in the center.
3. Wrap one end of the canvas around stretcher and attach using stapler in the center.
4. Do the same on the opposite side of the stretcher. Stretch the fabric tight.
5. Repeat on each side, turning the stretcher and canvas.
6. Add staples on each side of the original staples. Repeat this over and over again, pulling the fabric tight and moving from the center to the corners of each side of the stretcher bars.
7. To fold over the corners, first pinch and pull a bit of canvas from the corner and fold it tightly against the frame at a 45 degree angle. Then, while holding your first fold down with one hand, pinch and fold the excess fabric so it lines up along the edge of the frame, and staple it down. Do the same on all four corners.
Your canvas should not have wrinkles and should bounce when you thump it with your fingers. You can see, it is not too difficult, not like space flight. I hope my guide, and photos are quite detailed, and you can now pull the the canvas print on stretcher yourself.
Please note that if you purchase a canvas print from ReStyleGraphic, the print area will be more than the declared size of about 1 inch on each side. Thus, the pattern should extend to the sides of the stretcher. This will enable you to hang your canvas print without frame and wall art will look gorgeous on the wall.
If you have difficulty in choosing art for your home, check out my post Choosing pictures for your walls, where I talk the main points for beginners.
Grab your 10% OFF now for your 1st purchase, tips, news and special offers only for subscribers